Dogs are pets that always beg for human food. They will even go the extra mile to climb on the table or even on the owner to get a bit of their food. Dogs do not know what’s good or bad for them regarding human food, so it’s up to you to figure out what’s okay to leave out in case they jump and grab the food themselves! But do you know which ones are safe to give to them? These are some human foods that you might not know that are safe to give to your dog!
- Oatmeal is safe for dogs and even helps with their digestion. It is a great source of fiber for dogs as well!! Oatmeal is whole grain which is great for your dog rather than refined grains
- Carrots are great for your dog and provides a snack that is high in fiber! Carrots are very hard, and the crunch dogs need to take while eating them help strengthen your dogs’ teeth!
- Peas offer a high amount of vitamin A, K and B. Most dogs love them and being sweet, the peas can be a dessert for dogs! Not too many should be consumed however because too much will lead to bloating.
- Yogurt contains probiotics and is healthy for dogs. As always this is in moderation, dogs should not have an overload amount of yogurt just like how they shouldn’t have an overload amount of anything. Also make sure your dog is not lactose intolerant!
- There is coconut meat and coconut oil. Both are healthy for your dog to have! Coconut can relieve allergies and itchy skin as well as improves digestion! It may cause a little bit of bloating but overall, it is a good human food for dogs.
- Popcorn kernels contain many minerals like magnesium, manganese, phosphorous, and zinc. These are great for dogs to have! Make sure though when you give your dog popcorn, the kernels are fully popped because un-popped kernels can cause the dog to choke!
- Apples provide vitamin A and Vitamin C. Vitamin C helps with a proper immune system and so for dogs to eat some of an apple occasionally is great! Apples help keep your dog’s breath fresh and teeth clean!!
All these human foods are great for dogs to eat occasionally and won't hurt them. Your dogs will love you even more when they get to eat your food! Before you feed them your food make sure you research and figure out if it is safe for them! Better be safe than sorry! Knowing what is in the food you are giving your pet is so important to help them live a long healthy life!