Here at Zen Frenz, we recently launched our Zen Frenz Peanut Butter. It has quickly become very popular and is flying off the shelves. We’ve found that owners use it mostly as a special treat for their pups. We’ve done some research and discovered a simple tasty treat recipe for when your pup deserves an extra special treat.
Homemade dog treats are the best way to show your pet that you love them like family! These homemade peanut butter dog treats are an easy dog biscuit recipe that your fur baby would request every week if they could. If you’ve wondered how to make dog treats, it’s much easier than you think. Your dog deserves these homemade treats and will be so excited!
For the Dog Treats
- ▢ 2 ½ cups whole wheat flour see note below for substitutions
- ▢ 1 egg
- ▢ 1 cup peanut butter SEE NOTE
- ▢ 1 cup water
- ▢ 2 tablespoons honey
For the Frosting
- ▢ ⅓ cup cornstarch can also use potato starch or arrowroot powder
- ▢ 2 Tablespoons peanut butter
- ▢ 1 Tablespoon honey
- ▢ 3-4 tablespoons hot water
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
In a large bowl combine flour and the egg. Add peanut butter, water, honey and stir until you have stiff dough. the dough becomes very firm and sticky. you may need to use your hands, or the paddle attachment on your mixer.
2 ½ cups whole wheat flour , 1 egg, 1 cup peanut butter , 1 cup water
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough about 1/2 inch thick and use a cookie cutter to make fun shapes. the treats barely spread and rise, so get creative with your shapes.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, until golden. Once done, set aside to cool. (If you have smaller cookies, use less time, otherwise the bottom might burn.)
To make frosting, combine the peanut butter and honey in a microwavable bowl, and heat in the microwave in 15 second increments, stirring in between, until melted.
⅓ cup cornstarch, 2 Tablespoons peanut butter
- Add melted peanut butter mixture to cornstarch and stir until just combined.
Slowly add in water 1 Tablespoon at a time until you have reached the consistency that you would like. For a thinner frosting, add more water.
1 Tablespoon honey
- Add frosting to a piping bag and pipe designs on top of each dog treat.
- Frost treats with the peanut butter/honey mixture for an even more tempting cookie.
- Store in an airtight container or give as gifts!
Your dog deserves Homemade Dog Treats! And they’re going to absolutely love these fun Peanut Butter Dog Treats. Remember, we are making these dog biscuits for dogs, not humans. But the best part? They smell good! The smell of peanut butter is so much better than the scent of milk-bones! Get your Zen Frenz Peanut Butter make these treats for your pup today!
Works CitedHardin, Becky, et al. “Homemade Dog Treats Recipe - Peanut Butter Dog Treats (How-to Video).” The Cookie Rookie®, 11 Aug. 2021, www.thecookierookie.com/pb-dog-treats/.