We're sure you have leftovers (unless you sent them home with someone). Do you have so many leftovers you're unsure what to do with it all? We don't want to waste.
Luckily, there are a few recipes you can grab from us to make your dog some more goodies.
Recipe 1: Turkey and Rice
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 2 cups brown rice
- 16 oz. frozen broccoli
- 6 cups water
1. Add the water, rice, and turkey to a large pot
2. Stir thoroughly to ensure the meat is in small shreds.
3. Bring to a boil over high heat.
4. Once boiling, reduce to low heat and simmer for approximately 20 minutes.
5. Add vegetables; cook for an additional five (5) minutes. Stir at the end of five minutes.
Recipe 2: Turkey Meatloaf
- 1 Lb. lean ground turkey
- 1 ½ cup oats
- 1 cup grated carrots
- 1 cup grated apples
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup low fat cottage cheese
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F.
2. Grease a large loaf pan.
3. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix together with your hands (just like our meatloaf).
4. Add meat mixture to the loaf pan and bake 40 minutes or until cooked through (don't top this with anything).
5. Cool then serve and/or store!
Recipe 3: Turkey Stew
- 2 large turkey breasts cut into 12 pieces total
- 1 cup brown rice
- 2 lb. mixed frozen vegetables
- 2 cups cubed sweet potatoes
- 2 ½ cups water
1. Add all of the ingredients to the slow cooker (make sure the turkey is completely covered with the veggies and rice).
2. Cook on low heat for 8 hours (approximate).
3. Turn off heat and shred turkey.
4. Stir until well mixed.
5. Cool and serve!
Time to Get Cookin'
Now, it's time to get cookin'! We know you've likely been cooking for hours upon hours for guests, but cooking food for your dog is not only delicious, it also ensures no food goes to waste!
We hope all of you had a wonderful Christmas! Happy Holidays!