Here at Zen Frenz we strive to promote holistic health for both pets and pet owners. We want to help our whole community live healthier by incorporating wellness into their everyday lives. If you are anything like us then you know how important it is to keep our pets healthy and safe. Here are six ways that you can keep your pet healthy!
- Keep your pet at a healthy weight. A chunky puppy or chubby kitten might look cute, but carrying extra fat is not good for your pet’s health. At the same time, an overly skinny pet is no healthier as it has no reserves in case of illness. If you are not sure if your pet is a healthy weight you can always ask your vet!
- Regular exercise. Not only will this help you to achieve number one above and keep your pet’s cardiovascular system in good health, but regular aerobic exercise will also help keep your pet mentally stimulated and help to avoid behavioral problems. However, assuming your dog has access to a yard is not enough – they need to get moving! This can be great for your health too as a dog can make the perfect workout partner. However, do also bear in mind that over exercise can lead to a sore and limping animal which is no good either. A few short walks may be a better option and can give just as much healthy exercise with no damage, especially for the older pet.
- Feed a balanced, nutritious diet. Much of the commercial pet food on the market today is the animal equivalent of junk food and is just not good for your pet. A raw food diet is the closest to a natural diet for carnivores that we can achieve and dogs that eat a natural diet live longer, healthier lives and supplements can help balance a raw food diet when needed. Try to be mindful when buying food and treats for your pets by reading the label and making sure you understand the ingredients.
- Seek natural ways to support your pet’s health. Just as is the case for us humans, a more holistic and natural approach to caring for your pets is becoming ever more beneficial in today’s modern society. Here at Zen Frenz we loving using Organic Hemp Oil for support pet’s overall health and wellness. Hemp Oil helps with skin and fur protection, reducing shedding, reducing itching, immune system support, and digestive support.
- Visit the vet. Have your veterinarian examine your pet at least once a year to make sure he or she is healthy and to help detect any potential problems early.
- Vaccinations. Vaccinate your pet against potentially deadly diseases such as distemper, parvo, panleukopenia and rabies, but avoid over-vaccination by blood testing to see what (if any) vaccinations need to be repeated rather than just routinely giving them. But remember that some vaccinations are mandatory in certain states and countries and so must be given.**
HomeoPet, Team. “8 Things to Do to Help Keep Your Pet Healthy and in Great Shape.” HomeoPet, 14 Oct. 2021, www.homeopet.com/pet-wellness-pet-health/.